by Elissa Fuchs
Rain Update!: The Carnival is still on -- but will be INSIDE the Roosevelt gym, located off of Iowa Avenue.
Join the awesome Powell community (ranked the #3 Best Elementary School by the Washington City Paper) for food, games, music and general carnival merriment. Proceeds will support school activities such as classroom technologies and supplies, field trips and much, much more.
Fun activities include:
- Moon bounce and obstacle course
- Bungee hoop run
- Bungee human hippo chow down (it’s human hungry hippo!)
- Face painting
- Balloon animals (by Councilmember Elissa Silverman!)
- Powell teachers vs. parents soccer match
- Many games and prizes for kids
- Dunk tank (come try to dunk Drew from Petworth News at noon!) [Canceled, much to Drew's dismay]
There will also be lots of yummy food, including homemade delicacies by the talented Powell chefs, BBQ courtesy of Annie’s Ace Hardware, sno-cones, popcorn, hot dogs, and other treats.
Not to forgot, the event will include a raffle drawing. Lucky winners will get $200 cash; an iPad; VIP sports tickets donated by Ward 4 Councilmember Brandon Todd’s office; and DC United tickets. Buy your raffle tickets today for a chance to win!
The carnival will be held May 19th from 11am - 5pm INSIDE the Roosevelt High School gym (enter from Iowa Ave between the Petworth Library and MacFarland).
This is a perfect chance to support the school and Petworth community while having an amazing time!