President Lincoln's Cottage has its biggest fundraiser of the year next month on May 19th and 20th, and like every year, it's surely going to be an awesome event. Bourbon and Bluegrass brings together a family-friendly event of food, drink, games and music on the grounds of the Armed Forces Retirement Home, where President Lincoln used to vacation to get away from the White House.
This year the Cottage has added an extra day to the event, as it sells out so quickly and demand is so high. They've doubled the number of bands who will perform, offering a slew of whiskey tastings and other beverages and even a new VIP ticket option that comes with a cabana for up to ten people, guaranteeing a breezy check-in, mint julep cups, your own bottle of PLC-branded bourbon, and more.
"Bourbon & Bluegrass is one of our most popular events," said Erin Carlson Mast, Executive Director of the Cottage. "Who doesn’t enjoy lounging in the sun, listening to live bluegrass, and sipping some good bourbon? More than just a fun and relaxing party, it also brings the neighboring communities together and provides crucial support for our preservation work, celebrating craftsmanship in its many forms. May is national preservation month, and all proceeds from Bourbon & Bluegrass help ensure the Cottage remains a cornerstone in our community."
You can sign up for exclusive architecture and preservation tours of President Lincoln’s Cottage with Senior Preservationist, Jeff Larry, at no extra charge. Spaces are limited, and sign-up will be the day of the event.
Bourbon and Bluegrass is Saturday, May 19 and Sunday May 20th, from 2-5pm.
- An afternoon of live bluegrass music from local musicians (see below for schedule of performances)
- Two drink tickets for specialty cocktails crafted by local bartenders (21+ only, ID required; additional drink tickets available for purchase during event)
- Unlimited non-alcoholic beverages and access to a complimentary dessert table.
SATURDAY, MAY 19:
The Too Soons (feat. members of By & By)
SUNDAY, MAY 20
The Fly Birds
Justin Trawick and the Common Good
SPECIAL PRICING OPTIONS:
- General Admission (Adult): $65.00
- General Admission (Child Ages 12 – 17): $35.00
- General Admission (Child Ages 0 – 11): Free
- Two Day General Admission (Adult): $115
VIP Cabana (one day option): $1,250 – (Individual seats cannot be purchased, must be purchased as a whole). Includes:
- Admission for up to ten adults
- Up to twenty drink tickets (two per attendee)
- Reserved, tented area for duration of the event
- Ten Souvenir Woodford Reserve Branded Copper Mint Julep Cups
- One bottle of PLC Branded Distiller’s Select Woodford Reserve Bourbon to bring home
- Free parking for up to three cars
- An afternoon of live bluegrass
- Unlimited non-alcoholic beverages and access to the complimentary dessert table
- A variety of food options will be available for purchase from Gepetto Catering.
- Attendees are allowed to bring their own picnic baskets and food to the event.
- Outside alcoholic beverages are NOT permitted.
- Pets are not permitted.