Get ready to place your bids! Powell Bilingual Elementary School’s online auction is up and running to support the teachers, students and upcoming Spring Carnival. There are more than 100 items to bid on — everything from gift certificates to local restaurants and businesses, theater tickets, and parties and activities for kids and adults. Not to mention Disney World park passes and a chance for you and your friends to share a meal with Powell alumnus Diane Rehm.
Here's some of the really cool items up for auction:
- Lunch for 6 with Diane Rehm (that's awesome)
- Disney World park passes
- Redskins tickets (with parking!)
- VIP box seats for the Washington Nationals
- Guided whiskey tasting for 6 (at your home) with spirit expert Dan Searing
- Artwork from the now closed Domku restaurant
- Landscaping consultation with a Master Gardner
- Personal training with Cregory Boatwright of Level Up Personal Training
- Pet walking services from Walks! Pet Care DC
- And a ton of gift certificates to local restaurants like Petworth Citizen, Room 11, Athena Grill, Little Coco's and many, many more.
Online bidding ends on May 18th at 9pm — so go bid now before all the cool stuff is gone!
The bidding continues with a live auction at Powell’s Spring Carnival on May 20th at Roosevelt High School football field. And after you've placed your bids, you can enjoy the games, fun activities, food and performances at the Spring Carnival.
This is Powell’s first foray into the silent auction world. As a member of the parents’ planning team, I have been blown away with how many local businesses have stepped up to the plate (pun intended: we have VIP Nats tickets available). Not to mention our wonderful community of teachers and parents, who also donated many fantastic items.