Are you ready for the second ANC 4D meeting of the month? At this meeting on Tuesday, July 17th, ANC 4D will discuss the status of NEAR Act implementation.
Update from Commissioner Amy Hemingway, 7/16:
While we were not able to secure Deputy Mayor Donahue to discuss the NEAR Act (given his responsibilities around the MLB All Star Game tomorrow night), we have added further discussion about 524 Jefferson Street and Initiative 77. We will look to revisit the NEAR Act at our September meeting (after our August recess).
Regarding, 524 Jefferson St, there was a hearing last week we'd like to provide an update on and the developers have revised their designs. There is another looming deadline next week, so in the interest of time, we want the developers to show their new design AND we want affected residents to join us to share their reaction. Both the developers and affected residents have been invited to the meeting by Chair Colbert - and many of you are on this email list so please do consider this your invitation. We will offer more context around the hearing, the follow-up deadline and overall situation when we meet tomorrow night.
In addition, you may know that ballot Initiative 77, which passed at the polls last month (56% to 44%), is being considered for repeal by DC Council - a seven-councilmember majority introduced a bill this week to repeal the measure. Comm. Bowser would like to propose a resolution that ANC 4D oppose Council's bill to repeal and we will vote on it tomorrow night. We welcome your comments on this. For more information on this topic, please visit the Washington Post article and a CityLab article.
Advisory Neighborhood Commission 4D public meets at the Washington Latin Public Charter School, 5200 2nd Street NW. The meeting will begin promptly at 6:30pm.
1. Call to Order (Colbert)
2. Determination of Quorum (Colbert)
3. Approval of Agenda (Colbert)
4. City Official Comments (timed 2 mins.)
- MPD (if available)
- Jasmin Benab, Mayor’s Office
- LaRoya Huff, CM Todd’s Office
- Other city officials
5. Old Business
- Update: Comprehensive Plan (Bowser)
- Update: Colony Liquors Voluntary Settlement Agreement (Barden)
- Update: Community Orchard (Roth)
- Update: 524 Jefferson St. Hearing (Roth)
6 New Business
- Grant Proposal Request: Pop-Up Playground (Colbert/Barden)
- Informational: Public Safety Community Meeting - 900 Block of Hamilton Street (Barden)
7. Community Comments (timed 2 mins.)
8. Approval of June 2018 Meeting Minutes and July 2 Special Meeting Minutes (Hemingway)
9. July 2018 Treasurer’s Report (Barden)
10. Commissioner Announcements & Other Events
- REMINDER: No meeting in August (Colbert)
- 4D Open Seats for upcoming election (Hemingway)
- Summary of Community Summit on Gun Violence Event (Roth)
- Sherman Circle Socials: hosted by Lighthouse Yoga Center, Sun., July 29, 4pm; and hosted by MPD on Sun., Aug. 26, 4pm (Hemingway)
- Move & Groove Market, Cancer Awareness event, Sun., August 12, 10am-9pm
- PSA 407 meets on the 3rd Thursday of February, April, June, August, October, and December at 7pm in the community room 801 Shepherd Street, NW
- PSA 403 meets on the 3rd Thursday of January, April, July and October at 7pm at the Emery Recreation Center, 5701 Georgia Avenue, NW
11. Adjournment (Colbert)
Commissioners will be available after the meeting to talk one-on-one with constituents.