Advisory Neighborhood Commission (ANC) 4C held its April meeting on the 12th. Here are the highlights:
- A new Thai restaurant is coming to the neighborhood. Imm Thai, which currently has a popular location on H Street, is opening at 5932 Georgia Avenue on May 1.
- Slims Diner is one step closer to getting outdoor seating. The diner received a temporary, 45 day license to serve alcohol outdoors, concurrent with a public comment period that will determine whether the license will be granted permanently. So expect to see sidewalk tables and chairs outside of Slims for the next month and a half (along Upshur and 9th Street NW).
- Dance Loft, on 4618 14th Street, received a $1,000 community grant for upgrading its audience seating. In return, the venue will provide subsidized tickets for ANC 4C residents, so be sure to check out an upcoming performance.
- Things are looking good for a 14th street express bus. Mayor's Office community liaison, Jasmin Benab, gave a readout of the 2018 DC Budget, which includes funds for a Route 59 bus, running down 14th street from Tacoma Park Metro Station to Federal Triangle. The bus will run every 15 minutes during rush hour, and is expected to begin service in December.
- Also in the 2018 DC Budget: funding for improvements to Upshur Playground, on 4300 Arkansas Avenue, and Petworth Park and Recreation Center, on 801 Taylor Street.