Now in its third year, the 14th and Kennedy Street Farmers' Market opens its 2018 season on Saturday, April 14th. Located at 5501 Colorado Avenue NW (between Longfellow and Kennedy Street), the market brings delicious pre-made foods, fresh produce, coffees, kids' activities and so more much. As always, it’s open rain or shine. The latest weather for Saturday is awesome.
Volunteer and sponsor opportunities abound this season. If you have time to volunteer at the kids' tent and know more folks interested, please contact the market as they're looking to line up more kids tent activities and performances.
NEW: Please join us in welcoming Zamora Produce to the market for the very first time in place of Garner’s Produce.
- Our super popular orchard, McCleaf’s Orchard is returning for its fourth season.
- Belle Prairie Farm, our only Certified Naturally Grown veggie farm, is working on puttting their farm in order for 2018. They offer CSA shares for the Spring. The farm is targeting their first appearance of the year for May 12th. You can contact them at 301-300-0340.
- Groff's Content Farm will have free-range chicken and delicious chef-prepared meals from Degrees of Cooking using Groff's sustainable meats. They will also have their regular mix of pastured free-range chicken and turkey, pastured beef, Berkshire pork and lamb products.
- Zeke's Coffee of DC will be offering their great usual mix of small-batch roasted coffees, as well as hot and cold coffee by the cup.
- Stone Hearth Bakery will have their same great options.
- I Confect is back for 2018. Made in Union Kitchen Ivy City, I Confect specializes in treats and baked goods using all natural ingredients. For the very first time at markets, I Confect is premiering quiches, both regular and gluten free. Specializing in pound cakes, nuts, and more.
- Sirene Botanicals will be back this year but the schedule will be limited based on other commitments.
- Tigersoap will be back once a month this year starting in May.
Coming attractions for 2018 include more vendors & more excitement!
THE MARKET IS SEEKING VOLUNTEERS!
Entertainment Coordinator: Primarily responsible for booking non-kids tent related entertainment for the market. Types of entertainment could include:
- Cooking classes
- Fitness/health & nutrition classes
Sponsor Solicitation & Coordinator:
- Recruiting local business to sponsor the market this season
- Scheduling sponsor appearances at market
- Ensuring sponsor incentives (public recognition/appearances) are given as promised
Kids' Tent Coordinators.
- Scheduling entertainment for kids tent
- Promoting entertainment for kids tent via social media and email listservs
- Re-ordering supplies for tent, as necessary
- Assisting with set-up/break down of kids tent, as available
We love to support neighborhood organizations.
We offer fruit or vegetables for one-time events, gift certificates for silent auctions or raffles. We also consider other ideas you might have to support the neighborhood. Please contact Jim Coleman at 202-681-8799.
We are on the hunt for new artisan food vendors.
If you know of a vendor who would be adaptable to the market’s needs and experienced on morning oriented outdoor events to be an artisan food vendor, we would love to talk with you about this. Contact Jim Coleman at 202-681-8799.
Produce Plus, DC’s fresh veggies incentive program, begins in June of this year.
Moreland’s Tavern, will be open at 10am on Saturdays.