Come out to support the market -- and help keep this amazing option available for our neighborhood!
The Petworth Community Market has its 2018 Kick-Off Fundraiser at Ten Tigers Parlour (3813 Georgia Ave NW) on Monday, April 23rd from 6:30 to 9:00pm. The market needs funds to help cover the cost of the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and Women, Infants and Children (WIC) benefits at the market, along with the city's exorbitant fees.
Tickets get you entry to this swank event, along with raffle tickets for some great items. Plus, this year you can enjoy some special treats from the chef of Ten Tigers (compliments of The Gallatin), a special cider tasting from Capitol Cider House and some tasty sweet treats from SweetCrimes
- Great Local Prizes - opportunities to win raffle prizes
- Drink Specials - happy hour all night long
- Meet the Petworth Market Board - learn and connect with the market board
- Fantastic Neighbors and Community - meet and connect with neighbors, friends, and community leaders and groups
Why Support the Market
The all-volunteer Board of Directors of the non-profit Petworth Community Market is raising money to make local food and products more accessible to all members of our community, regardless of income. We are also committed to rebuilding from the unexpected permit hike to maintain the programming and operations that make our market so special.
- Support the Petworth Market Bonus/Match program to promote use of Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and Women, Infants and Children (WIC) benefits at the market
- Host special events and programs to promote community engagement and attract more neighbors
- Fund our awesome part-time market managers to coordinate operations and programming
- Support the future sustainability of our market to operate continuously
Hope to see you there!
Can't make it? Please consider a donation. Contributions from the community are critical to the success of this community-managed market.