The 6th Annual Kennedy Street Festival is happening on June 22nd from 12-4pm in parking lots and in front of businesses along the the 300-800 blocks of Kennedy Street NW, with hubs of activity at 716, 608 & 308 Kennedy Street NW.
Started in 2014 by the Kennedy Street Development Corporation, this annual celebration brings recognition to vibrant small business community located on Kennedy Street.
This year's event will feature over 40 local makers, artisans and community-based organizations as well as four hours of performances by local musicians! Activities for children, including face painting, music and over-sized games will be available all day. We also look forward to hosting our annual raffle (tickets can be purchased in advance online), a pop up art gallery, a photo booth, and the annual water balloon fight!
Music Performances & Locations (two stages):
12:00 PM - 12:45 PM: by New Sewell Music Conservatory (716 Kennedy Street NW)
12:00 PM - 12:45 PM: Sara Ghebrimichael (608 Kennedy Street NW)
12:45 PM - 1:15 PM: Fusion Cadets Drum & Bugle Corps (716 Kennedy Street NW)
12:45 PM - 1:30 PM: 910DMVTheBand (608 Kennedy Street NW)
1:15 PM - 3:00 PM: DJ Zach Pleasant (716 Kennedy Street NW)
1:45 PM - 2:30 PM: The Axperience with Robert Ax (608 Kennedy Street NW)
3:00 PM - 3:45 PM: The JoGo Project (608 Kennedy Street NW)
3:15 PM - 4:00 PM: New Sewell Music Conservatory (716 Kennedy Street NW)
3:30 PM - 4:00 PM: Salvatore Gonzalez (716 Kennedy Street NW)
A RAFFLE OF GREAT PRIZES!
GET YOUR RAFFLE TICKETS TODAY! Raffle tickets for unique business experiences and discounts at local restaurants can be purchased in advance through Eventbrite for our annual festival raffle. Tickets are 1 for $5; 3 for $10 or 7 for $20. All proceeds help support the work of Uptown Main Street and are directly reinvested into our programming.
- Yoga Heights 5-Class Pass ($85 value)
- Cheesemonster Studio gift card ($25 value)
- Andrene's Soul Food & Caribbean Cafe gift card ($25 value)
- HR Records gift card ($50 value)
- L'Enfant Flowers gift card ($30 value)
- BBQ Bus Smokehouse gift card ($25 value)
- Loyalty Books gift card ($25 value)
- Uptown Main Street Taste of Uptown Passes ($80 value)
- Kennedy Street Poster from Victory Dance Creative ($20 value)
- Jackie Lee's gift card ($20 value)
- Lost Sock Roasters Coffee + Mug ($20 value)
- Lighthouse Yoga Class Pass ($25 value)
- Moreland's Tavern gift certificate ($25 value)
- Kennedy Counseling Collective 50 minute self-care consultation ($80 value)
- Capital Bikeshare 1 Year Membership ($85 value)
- Tranquil Treasures Styling Session ($75 value)
- Tranquil Treasurers Weekender Tote ($25 value)
*Please note that attendees must visit the welcome tent at the 608 Kennedy Street lot to pick up your tickets but prizes may be claimed after the event! Be sure to add your contact information to your raffle ticket!
Where to Eat on Kennedy Street
Check out the full list of businesses that will be open during the festival and the delicious offerings they'll be serving up!
- Taqueria Distrito Federal (tacos & live music)
- Cheesemonster Studio (to go cheese plates, all day happy hour & coffee by La Coop)
- ANXO Cidery & Tasting Room (cider garden, Basque food & coffee by Lost Sock Roasters)
- Soup Up (chilled soups, ice cream & acai bowls)
- Selassie Ethiopian Market (to go bites & snacks)
- L'Enfant Flower Shop & Cafe (coffee, cookies & pastries)
- Rotonda Pizza (slices of pizza & soda)
- Library Tavern (persian food)
- TropiMart (slushies, fruit, fresh coconuts & pupusas)
- Andrene's (grilled chicken & Caribbean food)
About Uptown Main Street
Established in 2017, Uptown Main Street (UMS) is a community-based organization that leads initiatives to encourage community development and historic preservation efforts along its 2.7 mile corridor (Upper 14th Street NW, north from Spring Road to Kennedy/Colorado, and east along Kennedy Street NW from 14th to North Capitol) by building upon existing community assets to create a connected, creative, and inclusive business corridor. Uptown Main Street is an officially recognized DC Main Streets program, and a member of the National Main Street Center. UMS follows the Main Street Center’s 4-point approach (Economic Vitality, Design, Organization and Promotion) and tailors these transformation strategies to support the revitalization and preservation of our corridor and to support our 200+ small, community-serving businesses. Learn more about us on our website.