The agenda for the October 14th meeting of ANC 4C is below. It looks like a rather short meeting, compared to previous. Of interesting note, the ANC is hoping to establish a committee of residents and commissioners to address zoning variance issues in 4C.
I plan on presenting neighbor's ideas for ANC grants during the community comment period. If you have an idea for a grant that you want to work on with the ANC, now's a good time to put a plan together. (Here's the prior article.)
The meeting is in the basement meeting room of the Petworth Library (4200 Kansas Ave NW) and starts at 6:30pm.
ANC 4C DRAFT AGENDA – October 14, 2015 Community Meeting
1. Call to Order (6:30pm)
2. Roll Call and Introduction of Commissioners (6:33pm)
3. Approval of Agenda (6:35)
4. Reading and Approval of the June 2015 Minutes (6:37pm)
5. Treasurer’s Report- Commissioner Crowley (6:40pm)
6. Agency Announcements (3 minutes per speaker)
- Councilmember Brandon Todd’s Office
-Khalil Thompson, Mayor Bowser’s Office
-DC Fire EMS
7. Community Comment (2 minutes per speaker)
1. Department of General Services (DGS) Modernization of Roosevelt Parking Lot and Mechanical Screens – Commissioner Teutsch – DGS is seeking relief from setback requirements for a roof top mechanical screen and to allow 7 additional parking spaces in the front of the school.
2. 3701 New Hampshire Ave NW – BZA #19099 – Commissioner Jones – Applicant is seeking to raze the existing building and construct a 5-story, 21-unit residential facility, including a penthouse, with 3 ground floor commercial spaces. Variances are being requested, relieving applicant from parking and lot occupancy requirements.
3. 3701 14th Street, NW BZA Application #19088 – Commissioner Teutsch – Applicant is seeking to raze the existing building and construct a 4-story, 6-unit condominium on floors 2-4 with 1st floor retail. Parking – 3 spaces – and 15ft. rear yard relief is being sought.
1. Proposal for Managing Requests for Zoning Variances – Commissioner Irwin – ANC 4C is looking to establish a committee of residents and commissioners to address zoning variance issues in 4C
2. Amendments to By-laws for Officers – Commissioner Irwin – The offices of secretary and treasurer are to remain separate from simultaneous holding of any other office.
Note: Due to the November 11th Veterans Day Holiday, ANC 4C’s November meeting will be held on Tuesday, November 10th (instead of the 11th)