The Advisory Neighborhood Commission for 4C has its March meeting on Wednesday, March 9th at 6:30pm at the Petworth Library. Below is their draft agenda.
It looks like an interesting meeting. Development in our area is still hot, as the ANC will discuss 8 different properties with zoning issues and special exceptions coming before the Board of Zoning Adjustment.
Jonah Goodman will be sworn in as the ANC commissioner for Single Member District 4C10, replacing Kathleen Crowley, who resigned in January. Jonah is a very active neighbor who has been focused on tracking crime in our area and has contributed content (directly and indirectly) to this blog.
The 14th & Kennedy Street Farmer's Market is requesting a grant for the upcoming season. This is great for two reasons -- the market has been a welcome addition to the area (after quickly resolving some neighbor concerns) and the ANC is finally back to granting the tax dollars they're given by the District to promote quality of life in Petworth.
Draft agenda (this could change)
An asterisk (*) appearing after a Commissioner's name, indicates – time permitting – public comment will be considered for that specific agenda item.
1. Call to Order (6:30pm)
2. Roll Call and Introduction of Commissioners (6:33pm)
3. Approval of Agenda (6:35)
4. Reading and Approval of the February 10, 2016 Meeting Minutes (6:37pm)
5. Treasurer’s Report - Commissioner Halpern (6:40pm)
6. Agency Announcements (3 minutes per speaker)
- Councilmember Brandon Todd’s Office
- Mayor Bowser’s Office
- Alexis Goggans, Ward 4 Planner, DC Office of Planning
- Metropolitan Police Department
7. Community Comment (2 minutes per speaker)
1. Little Coco’s Restaurant, 3907 14th Street NW, sidewalk permit application - Commissioner Teutsch*
Board of Zoning Adjustments:
1. BZA Case #19237 for 3700 14th Street NW, proposed development with three floors residential and one floor retail, Zoning Variance Request for the former Carolina Restaurant - Commissioner Halpern*
2. Spring Road Development is a redevelopment of long-term affordable housing by So Others Might Eat, Inc. slated to begin early 2016 - Commissioner Halpern*
3. 1349 Randolph Street NW, Owner/Occupant renovation - Commissioner Teutsch*
4. BZA Application #19248 for 414 Varnum Street NW – Commissioner Martin*
5. BZA Case #19230 for 4424 Georgia Avenue NW - Commissioner Hayworth*
6. BZA Application #14493A for Star of Bethlehem Church of God, 5331 Colorado Avenue, NW* Special Exception from child development center requirements - Commissioner Uqdah/Barry
7. BZA Case #19088 Report on 3701-14th Street NW, opposition testimony – Commissioner Uqdah
8. Report on 1117 Allison Street NW – Commissioner Uqdah
1. Sex Trafficking in the Community, Megan Aniton, Assistant Attorney General, Public Safety Division, PINS Unit, Office of the Attorney General for the District of the Columbia – By request
2. Twin Oaks Garden House Historical Preservation Request - Commissioner Teutsch
3. Lower Georgia Avenue Main Streets – By request of Doreen Thompson
1. 14th and Kennedy Streets Farmers Market – Requested by Audrey Nwadze & JJ Velez.
1. Status of Administrative Assistant– Commissioner Halpern